Making a difference and working towards a more sustainable future is core to Southface, as an organization. Many of our programs and initiatives support the livelihoods of a variety of people in the Southeast and across the U.S. As we enter the 2017 holiday season, we want to take a moment to reflect on this incredible year.
This year we:
• Committed to shared prosperity amongst neighbors, community leaders and policymakers by leading the stakeholder engagement for Atlanta’s 100% Clean Energy Plan by 2035.
• Created thriving natural systems with our Green Infrastructure training opportunities for workers in the Southeast.
• Improved the quality of life for our low-income neighbors in Georgia by developing protocols for more energy-efficient affordable housing.
• Helped Feeding America Food Banks save $27,993 through retrofits – enough to provide an additional 168,198 meals.
• Developed a Climate Resilience Plan for the Lee Street corridor in Southwest Atlanta.
These accomplishments would not be possible without our staff, our community, and our partners who show up every day to support the work we do. Thank you for your dedication to a resilient future and a healthy built environment for all.