At Southface, we recognize the historic disparities that exist for individuals who desire to live, work, and play in environments that are safe and healthy. Within the communities we serve and as part of the global effort to build a tomorrow that is regenerative, healthy, and equitable, we know that standing together is what will move us all forward.
For over 40 years, Southface has been committed to ensuring that the intersection of the natural and built environment is sustainable and resilient. Furthermore, we work to ensure that sustainable communities and healthy and efficient building practices are reserved not only for those with access to wealth and privilege; but rather, that this work is extended and accessible to all under-represented communities.*
Through our core programs and services, our advocacy initiatives, and our workforce development trainings, Southface is committed to increasing access to healthy and efficient homes, workplaces, and communities.
Southface is committed to:
1. Lowering overall energy and water burden and improving the health and safety of indoor spaces through our programmatic and technical services work with regional housing authorities, philanthropic organizations, and businesses.
2. Supporting local, state, and federal initiatives that promote access to efficient and healthy affordable housing and clean and equitable energy, water, and transportation policy.
3. Providing workforce development education and trainings to engage and recruit under-represented communities with a focus on low-income and BIPoC persons into the growing green economy.
4. Demonstrating, through our work and research, a pathway to achieving responsible resource use, social equity, and a healthy built environment for all.
* Southface believes that all under-represented communities are important. These include, but are not limited to, black and Indigenous people and other people of color, women, nonbinary people, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Southface is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and will continue to seek out learning opportunities that help foster a more inclusive environment. We value bringing together people with different experiences, perspectives, and expertise.
Through our values and core beliefs, Southface is an inclusive organization where everyone is encouraged to speak openly, freely and feel safe. Black and Indigenous people and other people of color, women, nonbinary people, LGBTQ+ and disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply. We hold these same principles of inclusivity and diversity for recruitment and retention of our Board of Directors and actively work, through our Governance Committee, to achieve these goals.
At Southface, we believe our diversity makes us stronger and want our workforce and Board of Directors to reflect the communities we serve. Our community is one of strength, resilience, and vision, and we look forward to the opportunities to come together, support each other and help our homes, workplaces and communities become places of equity and opportunity.