Are you interested in helping to make the world a more comfortable, energy and water efficient place? Are you looking for an employer who makes it easy for you to learn and contribute in a friendly, high-energy and entrepreneurial workplace? Consider working with Southface, a place that recognizes the need to conserve resources for future generations.
Southface offers its employees excellent benefits, and a convenient, attractive and healthy workplace in Midtown Atlanta. Southface also provides outstanding opportunities for ongoing professional development as well as opportunities for Associate positions in the Dennis Creech Emerging Leaders Program.
Full time staff positions
At this time, we seek applicants for the following openings:
Dennis Creech Emerging Leaders Program
Hundreds of emerging professionals have launched their careers at Southface since the early 1990’s. Your time with us enhances our programs and services and you get real world experience in sustainability. We at Southface are extremely proud of this effort to nurture the next generation of environmental leaders.
Our program provides a substantive learning experience that allows you to explore career options and to develop professional skills in the fields of sustainability, building science and nonprofit management.
Southface emerging leaders contribute to many program areas, including:
- Commercial Sustainability Services
- Community Sustainability Services
- Database Administration
- Development & Fundraising
- Education & Training
- Residential Sustainability Services
In addition to specific position responsibilities, all Southface emerging leaders participate in a variety of organizational activities and learning experiences. Southface interns, associate fellows and fellows can expect to:
- Lead facility tours and explain building science and sustainability technologies to Southface visitors
- Coordinate research projects and proposals for new programs and services
- Assist with event management and outreach for Southface’s high profile events such as the Sustainable Atlanta Roundtable, Summer and Winter Solstice events and annual Greenprints Conference
Southface’s emerging leaders program is most appropriate for:
- Students who have completed at least two years of college
- Graduate/professional degree students
- Recent graduates (within 24 months of completing a degree)
- Transitioning professionals with related skills or experience
The majority of our emerging leaders positions require a four to six month commitment, working an average of 25 hours weekly during regular business hours, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend assignments are possible – please see individual position descriptions for specific requirements.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the posted positions for additional submittal instructions.
Emerging Leaders positions
No available positions at this time
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.