Walkable Atlanta… Walklanta
The Sustainable Atlanta Roundtable held on August 1 featured guest moderator Mark Elliott, Partner at Troutman Sanders and panelists Jared Lombard, Principal Planner at the Atlanta Regional Commission and Geoff Koski, Senior Real Estate Consultant, Bleakly Advisory Group and Executive Board Vice Chair, Congress for the New Urbanism – Atlanta Chapter.
Together they addressed questions such as : Is the era of sprawl coming to a close in Atlanta? How can we reconcile recent Smart Growth America findings that named Atlanta the most sprawling metro area in the United States? And more.
The September Sustainable Atlanta Roundtable is a walking tour of the Atlanta Beltline. More information will be available at Southface.org, sign up for the e-newsletter to receive announcements about this and other Southface events.
- #SFSART attendees – please take @AtlantaRegional’s Plan 2040 survey: https://bit.ly/1AH075X
- Thanks for joining us for today’s #SFSART! Join us on 9/5 for SART on the road. First stop: the @AtlantaBeltLine! https://bit.ly/1AFo8KH
- A single entity cannot create #TOD in a silo. Communities must come together to make transit-oriented development a reality. #SFSART
- #Atlanta needs more transit-oriented development. #TOD #SFSART
- Demand for walkable urbanism is driven my millennials, but demand from baby boomers & families is on the rise #SFSART
- Demand is shifting from drivable suburbia to compact, walkable urbanism #SFSART
- Here is one of the two studies that will be referenced at today’s #SFSART: https://bit.ly/1sobgqE
- Is #Atlanta a #walkable city, or are we still a poster child for sprawl? #SFSART
- Welcome #SFSART panel:Mark Elliott of @TStweets, Jared Lombard of @AtlantaRegional & Geoff Koski of Bleakly Advisory Group & @CNUAtlanta
- Join us for our next #SFSART on September 5 for a tour of the @AtlantaBeltLine! Reserve your spot: https://bit.ly/1AFo8KH
- Welcome to #SFSART
Retweeted by SouthfaceEnergy
- Eric Kronberg @EricKronberg | We can’t create a walkable urban place in an election cycle. #sfsart
- Tom Mills @Green_Shortz | It’s hard for people to envision an urban center with 8 lanes of traffic zipping by city hall. #walk #green #ATL #sfsart