Southface, the Southeast’s nonprofit leader in the promotion of sustainable homes, workplaces and communities, has announced its 2014 board of directors. Chair – Linda Bolan, Managing Director, Regional Manager, Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. Linda currently serves as Southeast Regional Manager overseeing Atlanta, the Carolinas and Tennessee office and industrial property management. She previously served on the firm’s national Excellence Committee and Property Management Executive Committee, which develops and delivers best practices to the management and leasing field throughout the Americas. Linda has a Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Naval Academy. Vice Chair – Barry Goldman, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Acuity Brands Lighting Barry is responsible for overseeing mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, environmental health and safety compliance, regulatory issues, litigation, international transactions, and other matters. As a member of the company’s leadership team, he is also involved in strategic planning and strategy deployment and has led the company’s sustainability initiatives. Secretary-Treasurer – Scott Bazemore, Senior Vice President, State Bank & Trust Company Scott currently serves as Director of Credit Services Group for the Atlanta market at State Bank & Trust, a community bank in Atlanta and middle Georgia. He previously worked with SunTrust Bank for 27 years and has been involved with numerous nonprofit organizations. Scott has a B.B.A. and an M.B.A. in finance.
- Denis Blackburne, Senior Vice President, The Woda Group
- David Ellis, Executive Vice President, Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association
- Leon Eplan, Partner, Urban Mobility Consult, LLC
- Jeff George, Director Corporate/Commercial Market, Southeast, Gilbane Building Company
- Linda Klein, Managing Shareholder; Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- John Lanier, Director, Ray C. Anderson Foundation
- Erin Meezan, Vice President of Sustainability, Interface
- M. von Nkosi, NCARD, AIA, Principal, Liquid Studios
- Walter Reeves, Gardening Writer, Radio and Television Host
- Pam Sessions, Co-owner and President, Hedgewood Properties
- Charles Whatley, Managing Director, UrbanIS USA
“We value our board members’ diverse perspectives and broad range of skills and appreciate their contributions to Southface’s development and success,” said Southface Executive Director and Cofounder Dennis Creech.