The Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association (GAHBA) and Southface celebrated the 15th anniversary of the EarthCraft program at the October 29 EarthCraft Celebration of Excellence. Over 100 green building professionals celebrated the event, at which the annual EarthCraft Awards for excellence within the program were presented in six categories.
This year’s EarthCraft Awards, presented by David Ellis, executive vice president of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association, and Scott Lee, director of residential green building services at Southface, recognized the most innovative and impressive EarthCraft projects of the year. “The EarthCraft professionals recognized at this event have demonstrated their commitment to advancing the green building industry in the Southeast by building high quality homes, workplaces and communities that are comfortable, durable and resource efficient. We are proud of the outstanding work they do in our region,” remarked Scott Lee.
Developed in 1999 by the GHBA and Southface, EarthCraft is the Southeast’s standard for green building – pairing building science with regional expertise. The certification program promotes energy efficient, healthy, comfortable and durable homes, workplaces and communities. Over the program’s 15 year history, over 33,600 EarthCraft certifications have been awarded, addressing the need for energy, water and resource efficient buildings in the Southeast.
2014 EarthCraft Award Winners
- EarthCraft House Project of the Year: 1013 Euclid Avenue, Atlanta, GA – Heirloom Design Build
- EarthCraft House Builder of the Year: Athens Land Trust EarthCraft
- House Renovation of the Year: 333 Adams Street, Decatur, GA – SK Collaborative
- EarthCraft Multifamily Project of the Year: The Forest at York – Fyffe Construction Company, Vantage Development and National Affordable Housing Preservation Associates
- EarthCraft Communities Project of the Year: Allen Wilson – Decatur Housing Authority, Catamount Constructors, Inc. and NorSouth Constructs
- EarthCraft Light Commercial Project of the Year: BurgerFi – Seafari and ACRLINE Studio
2014 EarthCraft Certificates of Achievement and Appreciation
- EarthCraft Education Partnership Certificate: Donny Holmes, Director of Residential Energy Efficiency Technology at Georgia Northwestern Technical College
- EarthCraft Certificate of Appreciation: Jim Cheeks, Red Brick Homes
For more photos from the event, including photos of the winners, check out our album on Facebook!