Southface Protocols During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis
UPDATE: Following Gov. Brian Kemp’s statewide order shelter-in-place order, our offices will be closed through at least Monday, April 13. All field inspections and visits are also suspended through that date. If you have questions, please reach out to your Southface contact or call our main number at (404) 872-3549.
The outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting everyone around the world. As the Southeast’s oldest sustainability nonprofit, Southface cares about our community’s health and safety first and foremost.
We are continuously monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on the COVID-19 virus and are following guidance from local authorities, including recommendations in regard to large gatherings, field testing, inspections, etc.
We wanted to make you aware of a few actions that we have taken to do our part in minimizing the spread of COVID-19:
- Our Pine St. and SWEET centers are closed to visitors until further notice.
- Southface staff have been advised to work from home. They are reachable via email and have access to their work via remote and online systems.
- All in-person meetings and events through the end of March have been cancelled or will be held remotely online or over the phone
Here are our specific updates:
- Greenprints 2020: Greenprints has been postponed until June 3-4 to better serve attendees, speakers and sponsors of this important conference and conversation. The event will proceed as originally planned, at Georgia State University, with a focus on aspects of building a regenerative economy across the different parts of our community, with a special focus on the Southeast. Registration is now open!
- Sustainable Atlanta Roundtable: The April 3 SART has been cancelled. We will be evaluating the schedule beyond that and updating it as soon as possible.
- Trainings: All trainings through the end of May have been delayed. We will reschedule them as soon as possible. Registration for new courses is also currently on hold. For those registered for a training affected by this change, we’ll be contacting you soon about either: 1) Cancelling your registration for a full refund (Please see our refund and cancellation policy for more information), or 2) transferring your registration to the next available offering of the class for which you are registered. If you have made travel arrangements, please make sure to contact your travel company to cancel or transfer your bookings.
- Southface Public Tours: All tours of our building are postponed until further notice.
- Southface Building Assessments and Inspections: We are taking the following precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and our clients with upcoming field inspections and/or assessments.
For occupied buildings:
- At this time, inspections and testing will be postponed at least through April 6 (extended from original March 27 date).
- We’ll be contacting developers and owners to cancel field work and let them know that we will be in touch by the end of the month to reschedule.
For unoccupied buildings:
- If a building is still under construction, we can complete field inspections at this time since the crowds will be under CDC recommendations of 50.
- Our team will use caution, wear gloves and practice social distancing (six feet between persons) when assessing any building site.
- If for any reason a building assessment needs to be rescheduled, we’ll be in touch with you by the end of this month to make those arrangements.
Thank you for the effort each person is making to protect the health and safety of our community! We wish you the best as we face this evolving situation.