The National Charrette Institute (NCI) defines a charrette as a multi-day collaborative planning event that engages all affected parties to create and support a feasible plan that represents transformative community change.
NCI Charrette System Core Values
- Sustainable Community Planning - Holistic planning solutions support socially, economically and environmentally sustainable communities.
- Collaboration - Each individual's unique contribution supports the best outcome.
- Transparency - Clarity in rules, process and roles is essential in collaboration.
- Shared Learning - Including all viewpoints assures reduced rework and facilitates implementation.
- Direct, Honest, Timely Communication - Respectful communication fosters an environment of trust and reduces rework.
How We Can Help
The Communities Sustainable Services team includes award-winning, experienced and certified facilitators that can bring in expertise and knowledge to your project, partners or associations to develop an action plan and implementation strategy.
"Through our charrette facilitation, we bring in a diverse group to strategize a collective, enduring and shared goal"
- Robert Reed, Director, Communities Sustainability Services, Southface
On behalf of everyone at Southface we would like to thank you for your participation in this year’s Greenprints Conference! Thanks to you, this year’s conference was an overwhelming success with more than 350 participants. Special thanks to our sponsors and exhibitors who helped make the event valuable for all attendees! This is a collection of…Read More
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.