- This event has passed.
Georgia Residential Energy Code Training – Half Day
July 9 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
In partnership with Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) and the Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Southface Institute is conducting energy code trainings across the state to educate code officials, builders, design professionals and relevant subcontractors on all changes and updates prior to new code implementation in 2020.
Participants will learn detailed prescriptive standards for various climate zones within Georgia, including standards for insulation requirements throughout the building thermal envelope. Participants will also learn about the Simulated Performance, Energy Rating Index (ERI) and UA Alternative as alternative compliance pathways.
- Identify major changes and updates to the residential Georgia Energy Code, including key prescriptive and mandatory requirements
- Identify Georgia State Supplements and Amendments to the 2015 IECC
- Explain how to find additional support, resources and training for implementation of the 2020 Georgia Energy Code
The energy code training qualifies attendees for continuing education credit from the following organizations:
- AIA – 4 LU
- BPI – 1.14 CEUs
- ICC – 0.4 CEUs
You may use your certificate of attendance to self-report any additional continuing education credits not listed above.
- Handouts and resources pertaining to content covered during training
- A link to additional resources on the Southface website, found here.