Georgia Commercial Energy Code Training – Half Day
July 17 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
In partnership with Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) and the Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Southface Institute is conducting energy code trainings across the state to educate code officials, builders, design professionals and relevant subcontractors on all changes and updates prior to new code implementation in 2020.
Participants will learn about possible compliance options (including ASHRAE 90.1, prescriptive or performance paths). Participants will also learn basic requirements for building envelopes and mechanical system, as well as new requirements for Existing Buildings (2015 IECC, Chapter 5).
- Identify general code requirements for commercial energy efficiency as they pertain to the building envelope, mechanical systems, power and lighting systems
- Compare and contrast different efficiency options and compliance paths and the use of COMCheck
- Identify design and construction strategies for ensuring building projects to comply with the GA Energy Code (ASHRAE 90.1-2007 + Chapter 5 of IECC 2009)
The energy code training qualifies attendees for continuing education credit from the following organizations:
- AIA – 4 LU
- BPI – 1.14 CEUs
- ICC – 0.4 CEUs
You may use your certificate of attendance to self-report any additional continuing education credits not listed above.
- Handouts and resources pertaining to content covered during training
- A link to additional resources on the Southface website, found here.