- This event has passed.
Georgia Commercial and Residential Energy Code Training – Full Day
September 19, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
In partnership with Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) and the Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Southface Institute is conducting energy code trainings across the state to educate code officials, builders, design professionals and relevant subcontractors on all changes and updates prior to new code implementation in 2020.
For the commercial component, participants will learn about possible compliance options (including ASHRAE 90.1, prescriptive or performance paths). Participants will also learn basic requirements for building envelopes and mechanical system, as well as new requirements for Existing Buildings (2015 IECC, Chapter 5).
- Identify general code requirements for commercial energy efficiency as they pertain to the building envelope, mechanical systems, power and lighting systems
- Compare and contrast different efficiency options and compliance paths and the use of COMCheck
- Identify design and construction strategies for ensuring building projects to comply with the GA Energy Code (ASHRAE 90.1-2007 + Chapter 5 of IECC 2009)
For the residential component, participants will learn detailed prescriptive standards for various climate zones within Georgia, including standards for insulation requirements throughout the building thermal envelope. Participants will also learn about the Simulated Performance, Energy Rating Index (ERI) and UA Alternative as alternative compliance pathways.
- Identify major changes and updates to the residential Georgia Energy Code, including key prescriptive and mandatory requirements
- Identify Georgia State Supplements and Amendments to the 2015 IECC
- Explain how to find additional support, resources and training for implementation of the 2020 Georgia Energy Code
The energy code training qualifies attendees for continuing education credit from the following organizations:
- AIA – 8 LU
- BPI – 2.29 CEUs
- ICC – 0.8 CEUs
You may use your certificate of attendance to self-report any additional continuing education credits not listed above.
- Handouts and resources pertaining to content covered during training
- A link to additional resources on the Southface website, found here.