Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector Refresher Training
The Home Energy Professional (HEP) Quality Control Inspector (QCI) course is a comprehensive, 2-day training designed to prepare students to challenge the Written Exam for the HEP QCI Certification. This Certification is based on the QCI Job Task Analysis, an industry-led collaboration directed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), which defines the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job of a Quality Control Inspector working in the Weatherization or Home Performance industries.
To achieve the QCI Certification, a student must receive a passing score on the Written Examination. Students seeking this Certification must meet additional prerequisites in order to qualify to challenge the exam (see Prerequisites section below) and must provide proof of approval from BPI in order to take the exam.
Please note that for this course, the cost of the Written Exams is NOT included in the price and must be paid for separately. This training has been approved for 4 BPI Continuing Education Units. Additional information regarding this and other Home Energy Professional Certifications may be found here: Home Energy Professional Certifications.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to conduct in-process and post-work quality assurance inspections, conduct diagnostic and health and safety tests, assess worker professionalism, verify compliance with common Home Performance and Weatherization program requirements, and evaluate client satisfaction.
- CEUs: BPI, 4 hours
- Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of this training, students will receive a Southface Certificate of Completion
- Certification: BPI HEP Quality Control Inspector Micro-Credential (must meet prerequisites for professional experience and pass the BPI HEP Quality Control Inspector Written Exam)
- Sixteen (16) hours of classroom/lab training by Certified BPI Professionals
- Access to Math Basics and Basics of Building Science online learning modules
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art Weatherization Training Center containing demonstration equipment, combustion lab, and two fully interactive demonstration cabins
- Blower door & pressure differential diagnostic testing
- Duct pressurization & pressure pan testing
- Ventilation flan flow rate measurement
- Combustion safety testing (spillage, draft, CO, gas leaks)
- In order to earn the BPI HEP Quality Control Inspector micro-credential, students must already possess an active BPI HEP Energy Auditor certification.
- Since this course covers a wealth of material in a limited time, it is strongly recommended that students possess a BPI Building Analyst Professional certification and/or have extensive related industry experience. Students should be competent in basic mathematics, construction terminology, and possess basic computer operation skills prior to attending this training.
- Online Learning Modules: Basics of Building Science, Math Basics (access provided upon registration)
- Students seeking the BPI HEP Quality Control Inspector Certification must meet specific work experience prerequisites. A detailed list of prerequisites can be found here: BPI Prerequisites
- Students seeking the BPI HEP Quality Control Inspector Certification must apply directly with BPI and receive approval to challenge the exams. The BPI Approval Letter must be provided to Southface prior to challenging any exams. The application and instructions for applying may be found here: BPI Quality Control Inspector Application
- Course Price: $600 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Course & Written Exam: $825
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Program URL: www.bpi.org
- Please note that the cost of Written Exam is NOT included in the tuition price for this course. If students pay for, and are approved to challenge the exam, there will be an opportunity during the afternoon of day-2 to challenge the HEP QCI Certification Written Exam.
- NREL Job Task Analysis for Quality Control Inspector: NREL Job Task Analysis for QCI
- BPI Certifications: BPI Certifications
- BPI Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector Certification prerequisites: BPI Quality Control Inspector Prerequisites
- Application and Instructions for BPI Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector Certification: BPI Quality Control Inspector Application and Instructions
UPCOMING BPI HEP QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR TRAININGS
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.