Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Training
The Home Energy Professional - Energy Auditor is a comprehensive 5-day training which covers many topics including fundamentals of building science, home assessment, energy modeling and work scope development, and the use of diagnostic equipment including Blower Door, Duct Leakage Tester, Pressure Pan, Exhaust Fan Flow Meter and Combustion Safety Testing equipment. This training has been approved by BPI for 8 BPI Continuing Education Units.
This training prepares students to challenge the written and field examinations required to achieve the BPI Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Certification. To achieve the BPI Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Certification, a student must receive a passing score on both the Written and Field Examinations. Students seeking this Certification must meet additional prerequisites in order to qualify to challenge the exams (see Prerequisites section below) and must provide proof of approval from BPI in order to take the exams.
The Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Certification is based on the Energy Auditor Job Task Analysis, an industry-led collaboration directed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), which defines the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job of an Energy Auditor working in the Weatherization or Home Performance industries.
Please note that for this course, the cost of each Written and Field Exams is NOT included in the price and must be paid for and scheduled separately. This training has been approved for 8 BPI Continuing Education Units. Additional information regarding this and other Home Energy Professional Certifications may be found here: Home Energy Professional Certifications.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to perform comprehensive whole-home energy assessments, employ advanced diagnostic testing techniques, evaluate building systems performance, diagnose problems, and provide cost-effective solutions that increase energy efficiency and improve the health and safety qualities of the home.
- CEUs: BPI, 8 hours
- Certifications: BPI Building Analyst Professional (must pass the Building Analyst Professional written and field exams), BPI Envelope Professional (must pass the Envelope Professional written and field exams), Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor (must pass the Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor written and field exams).
- Thirty-two hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals, conducted in a green building with day lighting
- Access to Math Basics and Building Science online learning modules
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins
- Blower door & pressure differential diagnostic testing
- Duct pressurization & pressure pan testing
- Ventilation flan flow rate measurement
- Combustion safety testing (spillage, draft, CO, gas leaks)
- Since this course covers a wealth of material in a limited time, we recommend that students familiarize themselves with basic mathematics and construction terminology prior to attending the training. Students should also possess basic mathematical and computer operation skills.
- Online Learning Modules: Basics of Building Science, Math Basics (access provided upon registration)
- Students seeking the BPI HEP Energy Auditor Certification must meet specific work experience prerequisites. A detailed list of prerequisites can be found here: BPI Prerequisites for the HEP Energy Auditor Certification
- Students seeking the BPI HEP Energy Auditor Certification must apply directly with BPI and receive approval to challenge the exams. The BPI Approval Letter must be provided to Southface prior to challenging any exams. The application and instructions for applying may be found here: Energy Auditor Application
- Course Price: $1,500 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Course & Written Exam: $1,725
- Course, Written & Field Exams for BA/EP: $2,125
- Course, Written & Field Exams for EA: $2,325
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact email@example.com.
- Program URL: www.bpi.org
- Please note that the cost of Written and Field Exams is NOT included in the tuition price for this course. If students pay for, and are approved to challenge the exams, there will be an opportunity during the afternoon of day-5 to challenge the written exam.
- NREL Job Task Analysis for Energy Auditor: NREL Job Task Analysis for Energy Auditor
- BPI Certifications: BPI Certifications
- BPI Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Certification prerequisites: BPI Prerequisites for the HEP Energy Auditor Certification
- Application and Instructions for BPI Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor Certification: Energy Auditor Application
UPCOMING BPI HEP ENERGY AUDITOR TRAININGS
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.