Home Performance Assessments & Diagnostic Testing Training
This course is designed to be part of a comprehensive training plan which includes additional modules such as Combustion Safety Testing and HVAC and Mechanical Systems.
- Participants will be able to use the “house as a system” approach as a basis for performing energy audits;
- Participants will be able to communicate effectively with the client and other professionals in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Participants will be able to conduct a comprehensive visual inspection focused toward health, safety and energy efficiency;
- Participants will be able to recognize opportunities for improvement and develop an improvement plan;
- Participants will be able to perform diagnostic tests;
- Participants will understand the concepts of base load usage.
- 12 BPI CEUs, 1.4 ICC CEUs
- Sixteen hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals, conducted in a green building with day lighting;
- Access to Math Basics and Building Science online learning modules;
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins;
- Blower door & pressure differential diagnostic testing;
- Duct pressurization & pressure pan testing;
- Exhaust fan flow measurement;
- NOTE: This course does not include combustion safety testing. Combustion Safety testing is offered as a separate course module.
- Basics of Building Science and Math Basics LMS;
- Students are encouraged to complete the Fundamentals of Building Science or similar training prior to completing this course.
- Course Price: $500 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a two-day training from 9am - 5pm with lunch provided