HVAC & Mechanical Systems Training
This course provides home performance professionals with a comprehensive overview of basic HVAC and mechanical systems concepts and equipment. After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to identify and evaluate HVAC and mechanical systems with regards to energy efficiency and home performance.
This course is part of a larger training program and is intended to supplement other modules including Combustion Safety Testing, Energy Auditing and Diagnostic Testing and ASHRAE 62.2.
- Understand the basic units used to quantify energy;
- Understand the fundamentals of heat and air movement and how they relate to building systems;
- Understand the relationship between the building envelope and HVAC systems;
- Identify the basic components and safety features of HVAC and water heating systems;
- Discuss factors that affect HVAC and domestic water heating system efficiencies;
- Evaluate ductwork and recommend appropriate improvements;
- Perform basic HVAC diagnostic tests and appropriately recommend system improvements;
- Recognize the requirements for safe combustion, the importance of combustion safety testing and potential safety issues involved with domestic combustion appliances;
- Discuss the factors that affect the sizing of HVAC systems and identify the symptoms of improperly sized systems;
- Understand the major concepts of indoor air quality and ventilation.
- Appropriate level of BPI CEU's
- 6 hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals, conducted in a green building with day lighting
- Access to Math Basics and Building Science online learning modules
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins
- Safety and efficiency testing techniques for forced air HVAC systems
- Fan flow testing
- Math Basics and Building Science LMS
- Course Price: $500 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a 2-day training from 9am - 5pm
- Lunch included
UPCOMING HVAC & MECHANICAL SYSTEMS TRAININGS
There are no upcoming events at this time.