EarthCraft Light Commercial Building Strategies Training
EarthCraft Light Commercial Building Strategies course provides architects, contractors and project managers with the information they need to implement the EarthCraft Light Commercial green building certification program. Participants will gain an understanding of the program’s fundamental requirements, commercial energy code, and key elements of building science and commercial building envelop testing. Attendees will leave with a greater understanding of how to design and construct energy, water and resource efficient light commercial buildings.
After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to . . .
- Recognize the impacts of green building/development on resources and the economy, as well as financial benefits to building owners;
- Appreciate building science principles such as heat, air, and moisture transfer and how they are fundamentally related to creating high performance buildings;
- Accurately use the EarthCraft Light Commercial worksheet and building guidelines to determine building specific strategies for creating high performance light commercial structures;
- Understand the EarthCraft Light Commercial Program implementation process design review, pre-drywall and final inspection processes, testing and required documentation;
- Effectively promote and market the benefits of the EarthCraft Light Commercial Program to potential clients by discussing the programs benefits, costs and processes.