Combustion Safety Training
This course introduces participants to the components of safe combustion and combustion safety testing and inspection techniques for residential combustion appliances. The course utilizes nationally recognized procedures developed by the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
Participants will learn how to evaluate and perform diagnostic testing on common combustion appliances found in homes.
- Understand why combustion safety is integral to home performance efforts;
- Identify the components and processes of combustion;
- Correctly perform a combustion safety assessment;
- Interpret the results of combustion safety tests in order to diagnose potential problems;
- Identify the common solutions for creating a safe environment for combustion appliances to operate.
- 3.5 BPI CEUs, 0.7 ICC CEUs
- 8 hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals;
- Training is conducted in a green building with day lighting
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins
- Combustion safety testing (spillage, draft, CO, gas leaks)
- Course Price: $300 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This is a one-day training from 9am - 5pm with lunch provided
- This class was previously only offered to Weatherization Agencies only and is now available to the general public.