Duct and Envelope Tightness Verification Training
This course is designed to introduce the skills necessary to become a Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET) Verifier, certified to perform the diagnostic testing required for new homes by the 2009 and 2012 IECC Georgia amendments.
This is a one-day course when taught on site at Southface and a two-day course when taught in Alabama and Chatanooga, Tennessee.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to test the leakage of a building envelope and duct system, and evaluate the results as measured against Georgia code requirements. Specific topics include:
- Protocols for blower door and duct leakage testing
- Calculations for ACH50 and percent duct leakage
- Tips for successfully completing the written and in-field DET Verifier certification exams
CEUs: AIA, 8.5 LU, BPI 4 units
Certifications: Duct and Envelope Tightness Verifier. To achieve designation as a DET Verifier, a student must receive a passing score on both exams (included in tuition costs).
This Training Includes:
- DET training workbook
- Written DET Verifier exam
- In-field DET Verifier exam
- RECA Guide
- Certificate of course completion
- Breakfast and lunch
- LMS Courses: Math Basics for DET Verifiers module (access provided upon registration)
- Students must bring a calculator for the field and written exam.
- If you'd like to learn more about duct and envelope testing or the energy code, we recommed the following resources:
- Read a DET program white paper draft.
For More Information
Find Southface-Trained Certified DET Verifiers: