As of January 1, 2013 BPI will accept either ASHRAE 62-89 and the BAS, or ASHRAE 62.2-2010 for accredited contractors and programs to demonstrate compliance with ventilation standards. The ASHRAE 62.2-2010 training prepares participants for BPI’s adoption of AHSRAE 62.2-2013, which is expected to be published in 2013.
ASHRAE 62.2 Training
The one-day ASHRAE 62.2-2010 Ventilation for Existing Homes Training introduces participants to the concepts behind the development of the ASHRAE 62.2-2010 standard. Instruction will include classroom and hands-on demonstration. Students will learn the calculations required by the ASHRAE 62.2 standard when working with existing homes, the testing and verification requirements of the standard, ventilation strategies, and installation techniques. In addition to classroom training, a hands-on module is included which allows students to take measurements on a training house and determine the ventilation requirements for that home. Students also receive instruction and practice using a fan flow meter to verify spot and whole-house ventilation airflows on various ventilation strategies, including exhaust, supply, and balanced systems. This training has been approved by BPI for 3.25 BPI Continuing Education Units.
- After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to perform comprehensive assessments of residential ventilation equipment per ASHRAE 62.2-2010 ventilation standards. This includes calculating whole-house ventilation requirements, evaluating local exhaust ventilation needs, and conducting air flow testing on common residential ventilation equipment.
- This training has been approved by BPI for 3.25 BPI Continuing Education Units.
- 8 hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals, conducted in a green building with daylighting;
- Interactive hands-on training in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins;
- Fan flow testing with flow hood and exhaust fan flow meter equipment on various bath fan, kitchen range, and energy recovery ventilation equipment;
- Demonstrations on proper fan and duct installations
- This is a 1-day training from 9am - 5pm
- Lunch included