SOUTHFACE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Southface interns come from diverse backgrounds to make vital contributions to the organization's mission. Our program provides a substantive learning experience that allows interns to explore career options and to develop professional skills in the fields of sustainability, building sciences and nonprofit management. Southface interns contribute to many program areas, including:
- Commercial Green Building Services
- Residential Green Building Services
- Applied Building Sciences
- Education & Training
- Development & Fundraising
- Operations & Events
In addition to specific position responsibilities, all Southface interns participate in variety of organizational activities and learning experiences, such as:
- Lead facility tours and explain building science and sustainability technologies to Southface visitors
- Answer the Southface hotline and provide front-line customer service to clients and visitors
- Assist with event management and outreach for Southface's monthly Sustainable Atlanta Roundtable, Summer and Winter Solstice member events and our annual Greenprints Conference
- Participate in monthly professional development trainings
Qualifications & Time Commitment
The Southface Internship Program is most appropriate for:
- Students who have completed at least two years of college/university study
- Graduate/professional degree students
- Recent graduates (within 24 months of completing a degree)
The majority of our intern positions require a full-time commitment (regular business hours, Monday – Friday) for six months, with occasional evening and weekend assignments. Some positions may be part-time; please see individual position descriptions for specific opportunities.
Intern positions are eligible for the following compensation:
- Modest stipend per day worked. Internship stipends are not considered salary, but are awarded to help defray living and transportation expenses during the term of the internship.
- Opportunities to attend Southface courses and trainings free of charge.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application form and include a resume and cover letter explaining their interest in interning at Southface.
Questions about the internship program or specific intern positions should be directed to the Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease, no telephone inquiries.