Southface launched the Fulcrum Awards to recognize excellence in the design, construction, planning and advocacy communities. The Fulcrum Awards honors groundbreaking work that is reimagining a resilient future.
The 2018 Fulcrum Awards honors the industry trailblazers who advance the Southface vision Statement: a regenerative economy, responsible resources use, social equity and a healthy built environment for all - the ultimate roadmap to an equitable, resilient and vibrant future.
brought to you by
Fulcrum Award applications are now closed for Greenprints 2018.
Submissions that demonstrate excellence in following categories will be recognized for their foundational contributions to a sustainable future:
Highlights leadership in developing market forces that cultivate natural and human resources rather than consume them
- Converting waste streams into resource streams
- Education for the workforce or children
- Offering innovative approaches to integrating the built environment with natural ecosystems (e.g. campus design or watershed management plan)
Responsible Resource Use:
Innovative and market transforming efforts to creatively use and/or reduce material and resource use in the design, construction and operation of the built environment
- Water use and reclamation (e.g. soil and erosion control designs)
- Clean energy production and load reduction
Social Equity through a Healthy Built Environment for All:
Challenging the market to consider health in building design, finished, materials and systems
- Community engagement processes that address the potential health and wellness of communities (e.g. site development or watershed plans)
- Positive examples of adaptive reuse projects that benefit a community (e,g. brownfield redevelopment, habitat restoration)
- Business practices or employment strategies benefitting neighborhoods
- Green infrastructure initiatives that preserve habitat, reduce flooding or create new public greenspace (e.g. waste infrastructure or watershed planning)
- Improving access to education, food or other basic needs (e.g. neighborhood rehabilitation or community planning efforts)
A panel of noteworthy jurors will evaluate and select submissions based on the criteria and descriptions below. Each juror has demonstrated a deep commitment to the Southface vision statement as well as a strong capacity to understand holistic perspectives on sustainability. Jurors were chosen because of their depth of knowledge in their respective industries. They represent a multitude of sectors that are all vital to the accomplishment of the Southface vision.