BPI Manufactured Housing Professional Training
The BPI Manufactured Housing training is a three-day course which covers fundamentals of building science, manufactured home construction details, manufactured home assessment and improvement concepts, Health & Safety testing and inspections, and the use of diagnostic testing equipment including Blower Door, Pressure Pan, Combustion Safety Testing equipment. The course includes a hands-on workshop that demonstrates manufactured housing duct diagnosis and repair, belly retrofits, sidewall retrofits, and roof retrofits. All hands-on training follows acceptable practices set by the Building Performance Institute and the U.S. Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program Standard Work Specifications.
This course will prepare students to challenge the written and field exams for the BPI Manufactured Housing Professional certification. To achieve any BPI certification a student must receive a passing score on both the written and field examination. Please note that for this course ONE (1) written exam and ONE (1) field exam is included in the cost of the training. Field exams will be scheduled on the fourth day of training. This training has been approved by BPI for 5.25 BPI Continuing Education Units.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to perform comprehensive whole-house energy assessments on manufactured housing, employ advanced diagnostic testing techniques, evaluate residential HVAC system performance, diagnose problems, and provide cost-effective solutions that increase energy efficiency and improve the health and safety qualities of manufactured homes.
- CEUs: BPI, 5.25 hours
- Certification: BPI Manufactured Housing Professional (must pass the BPI Manufactured Housing Professional written and field exams)
- Twenty-four hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals, conducted in a green building with day lighting
- Access to Math Basics and Building Science online learning modules
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment
- Site visit to an existing manufactured home for inspection and diagnostic testing training
- Blower Door and pressure differential testing
- Pressure pan testing
- Ventilation flow rate measurement
- Combustion safety testing (gas leaks, worst case depressurization, spillage, draft, CO)
- One (1) written and one (1) field exam for the BPI Manufactured Housing Professional certification
- Online Learning Modules: Basics of Building Science; Math Basics (access provided upon registration)
- Since this course covers a wealth of information in a limited time we recommend that students familiarize themselves with basic mathematics and manufactured house construction terminology prior to attending the training. Students should also possess basic mathematical and computer operation skills.
- Program URL: www.bpi.org
- 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (lunch provided)
- Please note that this is a four-day training that includes three days of classroom and hands-on instruction and one day of field testing.
UPCOMING BPI MANUFACTURED HOUSING PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.