EarthCraft Builder Training
Builder trainings provide a comprehensive overview of best practices for sustainable construction and design and explore the ways the EarthCraft program can help you get started in the green building sector. Learn cost-effective ways to improve the energy efficiency, indoor air quality, comfort and durability of homes, enhancing overall client appeal.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will have the knowledge and skills to successfully build, certify and market EarthCraft homes.
- Building science basics
- EarthCraft program fundamentals
- The EarthCraft certification process
- Strategies for marketing EarthCraft projects
- Green building incentive programs
- CEUs: The EarthCraft Builder training qualifies attendees for continuing education credit from the following organizations: AIA – 7 LU, CSI – .8 CEUs, GBCI – 8 hours, The Housing Institute CPHB program – 6 hours, BPI – 3.5 hours, RESNET – 6.5 hours, ICC – 0.7 CEUs. The course is also approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours.
- Certifications: Upon completion of the course, qualifying builders will be prepared and eligible to sit for a 50-question EarthCraft Builder exam, register and join the EarthCraft House program, and begin the process of certifying his/her first EarthCraft House.
- Printed binder with course materials
- Copy of EarthCraft Technical Guidelines
- Breakfast and lunch
- LMS Courses: Basics of Building Science (access provided upon registration)
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.