Combustion Safety Training
This course introduces participants to the components of safe combustion and combustion safety testing and inspection techniques for residential combustion appliances. The course utilizes nationally recognized procedures developed by the Building Performance Institute (BPI).
Participants will learn how to evaluate and perform diagnostic testing on common combustion appliances found in homes.
- Understand why combustion safety is integral to home performance efforts;
- Identify the components and processes of combustion;
- Correctly perform a combustion safety assessment;
- Interpret the results of combustion safety tests in order to diagnose potential problems;
- Identify the common solutions for creating a safe environment for combustion appliances to operate.
- 3.5 BPI CEUs, 0.7 ICC CEUs
- 8 hours of classroom/lab training by certified BPI Professionals;
- Training is conducted in a green building with day lighting
- Interactive hands-on activities in a state-of-the-art weatherization training center containing demonstration equipment and two demonstration cabins
- Combustion safety testing (spillage, draft, CO, gas leaks)
- This is a one-day training from 9am - 5pm with lunch provided
- This class was previously only offered to Weatherization Agencies only and is now available to the general public.
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.