Beyond Residential Testing
Southface is hosting a special training event called Beyond Residential Testing. This training will teach you everything you need to know in order to conduct a multi-fan blower door test for building envelope/enclosure testing, including the setup, building preparations, testing procedures and how to use the software.
The 2 ½ day training will cover how to set up a multi-fan blower door system, options for connecting to your computer and configuring and running the test using the free TECLOG3 software. There will be a mix of lecture and hands-on time with plenty of opportunity for each participant to learn what it takes to go Beyond Residential Testing.
- Differences between residential and commercial tests
- Building science and driving forces of air leakage
- Testing standards and code requirements
- Demonstration of building preparation and set-up for a multi-fan blower door system
- Discussion of best practices for outdoor pressure references and for monitoring interior pressures
- Use of required materials and equipment
- Hands on practice setting up fans
- Demonstration using free TECLOG3 software to control fans, graph and record data and generate a report
- Trouble-shooting common problems encountered during testing
- Course Price: $1,200 (Discounts for Southface Members)
- Note: Pricing may vary. Refer to Course Calendar listing for specific dates, times, locations, pricing and membership discounts or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This unique training session is limited to 15 people and will be held at the Southface SWEET Center in Atlanta, GA, a hands-on training center focused on experiential learning. Lunch will be provided.
Paul Morin, The Energy Conservatory
Paul Morin worked for years as a carpenter framing new homes before becoming a weatherization auditor in the early 90’s. Paul worked for over 12 years for the Center for Energy and Environment diagnosing building shell, combustion spillage, and moisture problems in single family and multifamily buildings. He has worked for The Energy Conservatory since 2009 providing technical support and has been onsite helping with dozens of blower door tests of large commercial buildings.
Mike Barcik, Southface
Mike Barcik is a senior engineer responsible for energy efficiency training throughout the Southeast. He has taught and developed materials for numerous presentations and workshops covering residential and commercial high performance buildings, including IECC and ASHRAE 90.1 energy codes, Duct and Envelope Tightness Verification, LEED AP and Green Associate exam preparation, EarthCraft House for new and renovated homes, EarthCraft Light Commercial Professional, RESNET Home Energy Rating System, Building Performance Institute, Weatherization and ENERGY STAR v3.
UPCOMING BEYOND RESIDENTIAL TESTING TRAININGS
Your support enables Southface to launch and lead important initiatives in several areas;
bold programs that are made possible through the generosity of our donors.